British Columbia is the westernmost province of Canada, located between the Pacific Ocean and the Rocky Mountains. With an estimated population of 4.8 million as of 2017, it is Canada's third-most populous province. People from around the world move to British Columbia to pursue new lives in this welcoming and beautiful province. Its diverse, strong and growing economy is creating many opportunities for individuals and businesses. British Columbia’s economic growth depends on having enough skilled and qualified people to meet labor market needs.
The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a way for high-demand foreign workers and experienced entrepreneurs to gain permanent residency in B.C. Below are the various Streams of the BC PNP:
- The Express Entry BC (EEBC) stream
- The Skills Immigration (SI) stream
- The Entrepreneur Immigration stream
1.The Express Entry BC (EEBC) streamThe BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) connects to the federal Express Entry system. It’s a faster way for eligible skilled workers to gain permanent residence in B.C. The Express Entry BC (EEBC) streams are intended for workers or international graduates with the skills, education and/or experience required for high-demand occupations in B.C.
2.The Skills Immigration (SI) streamThe BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is for people with the skills, experience and qualifications needed by B.C. employers. Skilled Worker category, you must have the following:
- Minimum two years of directly related full -time (or full -time equivalent) work experience in the skilled occupation.
- An offer of indeterminate, full - time employment from an eligible B.C. Employer at a wage that meets industry standards.
- Evidence that minimum income requirements are met.
- language proficiency – (minimum score equal to or greater than a benchmark 4 CLB)
3. The Entrepreneur Immigration streamThe BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a path to immigrate to Canada and settle in B.C. for experienced entrepreneurs who can support innovation and economic growth in the province.
- In order to be eligible under the Entrepreneur Immigration stream, the applicant must have been lawfully admitted in the country where he/ she currently reside. Applications will not be approved if the applicant is in Canada and do not have valid immigration status, or working without authorization.
- In order to register, the applicant must have at least a minimum of $600,000 in personal net worth which should be legally obtained and verifiable. All the personal net worth, including all assets and those of your spouse or common-law partner, less any liabilities including mortgages.
Applicant must have a minimum of:
- More than three years of experience as an active business owner-manager
- More than four years of experience as a senior manager
- A combination of at least one year of experience as an active business owner - manager and at least two years of experience as a senior manager.
Applicant must have one of the following:
- A post-secondary credential
- Experience as an active business owner - manager with 100 per cent ownership of the business for at least three of the past five years.
- Business plan must demonstrate:
- The proposed business is consistent with the registration business concept.
- Potential for commercial viability under your ownership, including a market entry strategy to show how your proposed business will be successful in British Columbia.
- The minimum eligible personal investment of $200,000 must be derived from personal net worth.