Saskatchewan is a Canadian province that borders the United States to the south. Grassland covers its southern plains, and to the north are the rugged rock of the Canadian Shield plateau. It’s the only province without natural borders. It has an area of 651,900 square kilometres (251,700 sq mi), nearly 10 % which is fresh water, composed mostly of rivers, reservoirs, and the province's 100,000 lakes.
Apply to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers a way to immigrate to Canada through the SINP, Saskatchewan:
- Invites residency applications from non-Canadians who want to make Saskatchewan their home.
- Nominates successful applicants to the federal government, so they can gain permanent residency in Canada.
The SINP is only one of the steps toward becoming a permanent resident in Saskatchewan. All applicants must also apply for residency through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Canadian Immigration Commission.
SINP categories where candidate can apply to.
- International Skilled Worker Category is for skilled workers abroad who want to work and live in Saskatchewan.
- Saskatchewan Experience Category is for foreign nationals who are currently living and working in Saskatchewan.
- Entrepreneur Category is for entrepreneurs who plan to start a business in Saskatchewan.
- Farm Category is for experienced farmers who plan to buy and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
- Entrepreneur Category :
Through the SINP Entrepreneur Program, the applicant & family can start, obtain or partner in a business in Saskatchewan and be actively involved in managing it, while residing in Saskatchewan.
There are three steps to the nomination process:
- Expression of Interest (EOI) submission to the SIN
- EOI Selection and Invitation to Submit an Application
- Candidates’ EOIs are selected based on their points score with those with the highest points selected during each draw. The number selected is dependent on program requirements (e.g. application inventory).
- After candidates are invited to apply, applications are processed in the order that they are received.
To submit an EOI to the SINP, applicant must:
- Have $500,000 (CAD) at minimum in Net Business and Personal Assets;
- Have a minimum of three years of relevant business management or entrepreneurial experience gained in the past ten years; and,
- Intend to invest a minimum of $300,000 (CAD) in Regina and Saskatoon or a minimum of $200,000 (CAD) in all other Saskatchewan communities.
The following are not eligible to apply to the Entrepreneur Category:
- Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.
- People living illegally in their country of residence or Canada.
- Persons who have had a removal order issued against them by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or Canada Border Services Agency.
- People who are prohibited from entering Canada.