Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Alberta: Alberta is a province in Western Canada. Its landscape encompasses mountains, prairies, desert badlands and vast coniferous forests. It has more than 600 lakes, and rich mineral deposits. In the west, the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks have glaciers in the Columbia Ice fields.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) Program supports Alberta’s economic growth by attracting and retaining work-ready people to the province.
Individuals nominated by the Government of Alberta, together with their spouse/common-law partner and dependent children, can apply for permanent residence through IRCC as a provincial nominee.
The AINP offers options for both skilled and semi-skilled workers. Below are streams and categories:
1. Strategic Recruitment Stream
Applicant can apply under one of three different category options:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category
Applicant can qualify if he is temporary foreign worker and have a valid trade certificate in a compulsory or optional trade in Alberta issued or recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT).
- Engineering Occupations Category
If applicant is temporary foreign worker and have Alberta work experience in an eligible engineering occupation
- Post-Graduate Worker Category
Or have a Post-Graduation Work Permit, are currently working in Alberta, and have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta.
2. Employer-Driven Stream
Applicant can apply along with the employer under one of three different category options:
- Skilled Worker Category
Applicant qualifies if offered a permanent and full-time job by an Alberta employer in an eligible skilled occupation.
- International Graduate Category
Or he had recently graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, have a Post-Graduation Work Permit, and have been offered a permanent and full-time job by an Alberta employer in an eligible occupation.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category
Or if he has been offered a permanent and full-time job by an Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation, and are a temporary foreign worker.
Only select key industries and occupations are eligible in this category, and all candidates must meet minimum language standards.
3. Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Applicant must have financial resources and farm management experience to purchase and establish a farm in Alberta
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
The following are not eligible to apply to the AINP:
- Clergy, Elementary and Secondary School Teachers, Professional Athletes and Dental Laboratory Bench Workers
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process. It is not the mandate of the AINP to intervene in the federal refugee claim, appeal or removal process.
- Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary Foreign Workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta
- International students studying in Canada, including students doing co-op work placements or internships as part of their study program