VANUATU: CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
The Development Support Program, which replaced Vanuatu’s previous CBI programs in 2017, offers “honorary citizenship” in exchange for a donation to the government.
The Development Support Program replaces the former Economic Citizenship Program -Vanuatu Economic Rehabilitation Program (VERP)-, which was established in 2015 to raise funds to mitigate damage to the infrastructure and houses made by Tropical Cyclone Pam.
Donation To The Government Of Vanuatu
In May, 2018 Vanuatu made an announcement about new prices for the citizenship, and now they are lower than used to be before. Take a look at the current costs below:
- Single applicant: $130,000
- Single applicant and spouse: $150,000
- Single applicant, spouse, and two children: $180,000
Besides the contributions above, you will also need to include many other costs, comprising the following:
- Citizenship processing fee: $150
- Vanuatu citizenship application fee: $50
- Vanuatu citizenship certificate fee: $100
- Due diligence fee: $2,000/person
- Vanuatu passport fee: $100/passport
- VAT at 15 percent: $10,500
- Additional fee for extra dependents: $11,000
Previously the price for single person applying for citizenship was $220,000.
With the new price cuts, price for Vanuatu citizenship competes with St Kitts and Grenada citizenship programs in the Caribbean which stands at $150,000.
- Main applicant must be 18 years old or older.
- Proof of the ownership of assets with a minimum total value of USD 450,000, in established businesses, real estate, shares, bank deposits, among others.
- Main applicant and dependents do not suffer contagious disease and/or serious health problems.
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Not to be subject of a criminal investigation.
- Not to be considered a potential national security risk.
- Not to be involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Vanuatu.
- Not to have been denied a visa to a country with which Vanuatu has visa-free access.