A beautiful land of opportunity, the Northwest Territories (NWT) in northern Canada has many reasons which would want people to consider immigrating here. There are excellent employment prospects. The Northwest Territories boasts the highest median household income in Canada, and its capital, Yellowknife, boasts the highest rate of employment in the country. The Northwest Territories welcomed 111 permanent residents to the territory in 2014. The Northwest Territories is a place where newcomers can expect to receive a friendly welcome while continuing to embrace their own traditions and practices. As a result there are many thriving cultural communities here.
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program
The Northwest Territories Nominee Program is delivered in partnership between the Government of the Northwest Territories and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The Nominee Program is designed to help employers in the Northwest Territories secure the workforce they need for their businesses. If an employer cannot find a candidate locally or nationally for a position, the next option is to find foreign nationals with the skills and experience for the job.
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program: Business Stream
People who want to immigrate to the Northwest Territories to start their own business or invest in and operate an established company may apply to the business streams of the Northwest Territories Nominee Program.
The Northwest Territories Nominee Program is delivered in partnership between the Government of the Northwest Territories and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The business stream of the NWT Nominee Program is designed to attract business expertise to start and invest in a start-up business which will enhance the economy of the Northwest Territories.
Prospective applicants must submit their applications to the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment.
- Nominee Program for employers
- employers secure highly skilled individuals and newcomers to work and live in the Northwest Territories;
- strengthen the economy by attracting qualified people to fill critical labour shortages in the Northwest Territories;
- support territorial employers to fill labour shortages when there are no qualified Canadians available;
- strengthen the Northwest Territories’ ability to enhance the economic benefits of immigration to the territory; and
- Nominate eligible foreign nationals for permanent residency in Canada.